Welcome to the official website for Sawbridgeworth Cricket Club.
"At the heart of the town, at the heart of the community"
COVID 19 UPDATE!!!
Guidance for using nets and outfield for training
The UK Government recently announced changes to its guidance that affected sport and physical activity, effective from Wednesday 13th May. The ECB subsequently issued guidance on the 15th May that should be followed to enable the safe undertaking of exercise in an outdoor cricket club environment.
Following the review of this guidance, the club has decided to provide access to one net and two outfield areas for members to use for training and exercise. The use of these facilities is for Cricket Club members only.
What has been made available:
- One of our 2 nets have been setup for use, the second net is blocked and should not be used.
- Two areas in the outfield have been marked for use for training or exercise.
- A booking system has been put in place to restrict the use of each area.
- The net or practice areas can be booked for 45 minutes. A 15-minute period is then left to ensure that crossover of people is avoided.
- Bookings should be made as early as possible, preferably 24 hours in advance.
- Please note that no buildings will be open, and no toilet facilities will be provided.
- No club equipment will be available, therefore you must bring your own and remove it at the end of your session.
Booking and using the facilities:
- To book a net or practice area, please send a message to Matt Billings (07757 724571), James Bovaird (07971 564923) or Alison Taylor (07957 160880) detailing the name of the member making the booking and the requested date and time.
- The person making the booking must be a member of the club. They must abide by all the ECB guidelines on usage outlined below.
- When your 45-minute time slot is up, please leave the area immediately and maintain social distancing at all times.
- Under 18’s must be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
ECB Guidance for the use of outdoor facilities:
- You can exercise outdoors on your own, with members of your household or with one other person from outside your household while keeping two metres apart at all times. You must only exercise in groups of no more than two people, unless you are exercising exclusively with members of your household.
- Social distancing of at least two metres must be maintained at all times (unless all participants are members of the same household).
- Only one-to-one coaching is permitted per session.
- No clubhouse or changing room facilities will be open.
- No equipment can be shared.
- No saliva or sweat should come into contact with the ball at any time.
- Wash hands at home before and after using the outdoor facilities. Bring your own hand sanitiser where possible.
If any of the above guidelines are not followed, then the facilities will be closed.
Sawbridgeworth CC has an official ECB website as well. It's address being: http://sawbridgeworth.play-cricket.com/home/home.asp