Welcome to the official website for Sawbridgeworth Cricket Club.
"At the heart of the town, at the heart of the community"
Townfields has reopened
With the confirmation by the government of Stage 2 of the roadmap to release lockdown, we are delighted to say that Townfields is now open for members to use for training purposes. Further details on how members can book the use of facilities are below.
We are also able to provide a Roadmap that the club will be following, based on current Government and ECB guidelines. These will be constantly reviewed and updated as appropriate. All members/visitors should ensure that they also abide by all appropriate Covid restrictions, such as the rule of 6, social distancing and hand hygiene. In particular, nobody with any Covid symptoms, such as a a high temperature, a new, continuous cough or a loss of, or change to, their sense of smell or taste, should attend any cricket activities.
Booking and using the facilities:
The nets and 2 areas of the outfield are now available for members to book. When using the facilities, members must abide by the rule of 6 and 2 households. In addition members must abide by the following ECB guidance:
- Enter, exit and prepare their personal equipment whilst maintaining social distancing.
- Must avoid sharing equipment wherever possible. Where this is not possible, equipment must be cleaned before use by another person.
- No sweat or saliva is to be applied to the ball at any time.
- All participants must wash their hands prior to the start of the activity.
- Hand sanitiser to be used at all breaks in activity and prior to any food or drinks.
- There should be no shouting, singing or spitting.
To book the nets or outfield, please follow the below instructions:
- Please send a message to Matt Billings (07757 724571), James Bovaird (07971 564923) or Alison Taylor (07957 160880) detailing the name of the member making the booking and the requested date and time.
- The person making the booking must be a member of the club. They must abide by all the ECB guidelines on usage outlined above.
- When your 45-minute time slot is up, please leave the area immediately and maintain social distancing at all times.
- Under 18’s must be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
Sawbridgeworth CC has an official ECB website as well. It's address being: http://sawbridgeworth.play-cricket.com/home/home.asp